May 2017 Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Merlins Rest Twitter Feed
Day 2 of our celebration of the Campbeltown Malts Festival (which is going on in Campbeltown Scotland as we... fb.me/3xj7FJVZZ
Announcing our Pie of the Week May 23 - 29: Hungarian Pork and Rice. Braised pork roast, mushrooms, and tomatoes... fb.me/8PnwgTfal
May 2 – 8: Chicken Enchilada!
Because it was requested!! Roasted chicken in our house made enchilada sauce, wrapped in buttery pastry and topped with cheesy cheese. Served, as always, with sun kissed mixed greens.
In honour of ANZAC Day today (Australian and New Zealand Army Corps), we are featuring this traditional Australian meat pie all week long! Minced beef with onions and tomatoes, with just a touch of vegemite, wrapped in a buttery pastry and served with sun kissed mixed greens.
Whisky festival season is upon us, and it was very sneaky this year, almost to the point of being stealth type uponing, anyway first up is the Speyside whisky Festival which kicks off this Thursday 27th with Aberlour, Longmorn and Speyside
Friday 28th, Benromach, Glenlivet and Strathmill
Saturday 29th, Cardhu, Glenfarclas and Macallan
Sunday 30th, Cragganmore, Glen Moray and Strathilsa
Monday 1st, Craigallachie, Glenfiddich and Tomintoul
Saturday 20th May, World Whiskey Day, we are doing specials from whiskies from all over the world.
Then we have the Campbeltown Malts Festival which runs
Wed 24th & Thursday 25th May
and then the Feis Ile Islay whisky Festival kicking off on Friday 26th May through Saturday 3rd June, distillery days will be advertised when the full distillery program is announced by the lovely people from Feis Ile.
As always we will be celebration with $1 off a dram and $2 off a full measure and only at Merlins Rest.
On this Earth day we want to remind you how Merlins is working at saving the planet every day
- Merlins Rest does not use plastic drinking straws unless requested. Did you know that as a planet we use over 500 million straws every day? Did you know that plastic drinking straws are not biodegradable? Did you know that a majority of the world’s straws end up in our waterways, killing and hurting our friends of the sea!! If you must use a straw we ask that you use the same straw throughout your visit.
- Merlins Rest does not use plastic bags for our carry out. We only have canvas reuse bags available. We ask that you bring your bag with you each time you order take away with us. Also just a fun tip – take it with you to the grocery store – you will be SURPRISED how much these bags can hold!! For example, from personal experience, We normally have 3 bags of groceries (and hopefully that haven’t double bagged each bag – UGH) but with a Merlins bag we only need one and it has a lot of room to spare!!
- Merlins Rest uses a water pitcher for each table instead of individual glasses of water. Since switching to the water pitchers in February of 2017 we have saved over 20,000 gallons of water already!!! The pitchers were purchased in England from the Adnam’s Brewery in Southwold, Suffolk. Come June you will be able to preorder for your own pitcher – delivery in September!!!
- Merlins Rest has been on a mission to convert all our lighting to LED. Recently we changed our lighting in the kitchen to all LED. IT is so bright we have to turn Off lights to reduce glare!
- Merlins Rest installed two high efficiency furnaces in 2016
Merlins Rest is always looking for ways to help the environment and help save our planet – we hope that you will share with us the ways you help every day!