Our very own Vikings kick off the NFL season with a 7:30 pm showdown against the dastardly New Orleans Saints. They got the best of us in the NFC title game last season, so we’re out for a proper start to the season and just a hint of revenge.
Come root on the home town team and celebrate football’s return with our showing of the game on the big screen. We’ll have $1.00 hot dogs, $1.00 off bottled beers and PBRs, and some good ol’ gumbo for $5.00 a bowl.
Specials start at 7:00 pm.
Friday is packed with fun.
* From roughly 4:00 – 7:00 pm, one of the Twin Cities most spirited groups will be here: it’s Drunken Knit Night! All are welcomed at this not-your-grandmother’s knitting circle. Those of you who visited the State Fair this year may even have seen some of their work on disply. (Well done on the ribbon, Flannery!)
* Kilt (and Corset!) Night with Live Irish Music – We’re adding a little fun to this week’s Kilt Night. We’re also making it a Corset Night. So ladies, wear your corset and get a free pint! Also, we’ll have the weekly Celtic music session. Of late, it has been spectacularly blessed with pipes. Music starts around 8:30 pm.
* We also have two birthday celebrations to announce for Friday night: Mike turns 29 and Steve turns 40. We look forward to both of your groups being here! And we encourage all to toast you and wish you well.
* Saturday is the OTHER kind of football, the one known as “The Beautiful Game.” Watch English Premier League games live here at 9:00 and 11:30 am.
* Breakfast served 9:00 am – 12:30 pm.
* A special Birds and Beers event for park rangers will take place 2:00 -4:00 pm.
* It’s going to be hard to beat Saturday night’s music. The Monarch Festival takes place along Lake Nikomis during the day to celebrate the amazing migration of the Monarch butterfly (which flies between 2,000 and 3,000 miles). After the events on the lake, the party moves to Merlins for music from Larry Long with Billy & Ricky Peterson; Fiddlin’ Pete and Joe Savage; and Papa John Kolstad & the Hot Club of East Lake. Music 8:00 pm to midnight. More information here: MonarchFestival_PressReleaseFinal.
* Also on Saturday, a benefit for our friend Abe Fagerstrom will be held from 2:00 – 7:00 pm at the Fred Wells Tennis & Education Center in Saint Paul (near Fort Snelling). Abe has undergone intensive chemotherapy multiple times in his young life. Currently, he is going through another course. If you have time to pop out, please do. A dessert bar, used book sale, silent auction, raffles and games will be part of this family-friendly afternoon. We encourage you to take a moment and learn more about Abe’s benefit in this flyer, and we hope you’ll share part of that Saturday with the benefit gathering.
* Open at 9:00 am. Breakfast from 9:00 am – 12:30 pm.
* Live English Premier League football at 10:00 am.
* Sunday Night Pub Quiz, 7:30 pm. This week’s hosts: Chris and Richard!