Time: 12:00 – 2:00 pm
Tonight: Music from the Hot Club of East Lake
Time: 9:00 pm
What a lovely morning! Our second (of two seasons) has arrived: the sunny one. Sure beats the grey one, doesn’t it?
Pop in today for some traditional Irish breakfast with our Saturday brunch. Brunch served from 12:00 – 2:00 pm. Traditional British Isles fare and American classics: Mmmm.
And don’t forget to get a pint and sit out on the patio! That Vitamin D is super good for you.
The Hot Club of East Lake and Papa Johnâ€“who is so much better for you than those corporate pizzas!â€“will provide the jazz. These guys are absolute gems in the Twin Cities. Weâ€™re proud to have them in the pub every Saturday night.
Music starts about 9:00 pm.
Pub food is not confined to pub staples such as burgers, fish and chips, and cottage pie. It’s no different with food than with spirits. For example, we serve up a huge selection of coveted single-malt scotches to break it up from the old stand-bys used so often in mixed drinks.
Merlins Rest now offers five-course dinners for couples on Monday nights at 6:00 pm. For full details on price and dinner plans, please contact John Dingley at +1 651 271 0202.
Also, please know that Merlins will be happy to cater to private parties outside our usual open hours. A minimum of 12 individuals with ten days notice and $10.00 a head deposit is required.
Please contact John Dingley for further information: +1 651 271 0202.
MORE PUB QUIZ ANSWERS
We’ve got one of Bill Watkins‘ quizzes here for you. Enjoy!
1. Who wrote “A Monk Swimming?”
2. Who played the male lead in the 1986 movie Ferris Bueller’s Day off?
3. Marlboro cigarettes are made by which tobacco company?
4. Which US president was once described as having been born in a log-cabin that he had built himself?
5. Sex therapist, Dr. Westheimer is better known as who?
6. Which American poet, who described himself as an unrepentant fascist, made wartime radio broadcasts on behalf of Mussolini’s Italy?
7. Who performed the now legendary dreadful duet with J-Lo at the Grammy Award’s?
8. Who discovered “The Law of Universal Gravitation”?
9. Which High-Priest of LSD had his ashes blasted into outer space in 1997?
10. What part did Charlton Heston play in the 1964 film The Ten Commandments?
11. Which Paul Newman film sees him jailed for cutting the tops off parking meters?
Cool Hand Luke
12. Marrion Morrison was better known as who?
13. Which historic group of people believed they were descended from one of two twin brothers who were suckled by a wolf?
14. Which Leon Uris novel deals with the creation of the state of Israel?
15. Which longtime ABC anchor was recently diagnosed with and died from lung cancer?
16. A surprising amount of Inventors share the same forename Mr. Compton, Mr. Plimsoll, Mr. Morse and Mr. Colt are amongst these what is the name?
17. Which U2 album featured a Yucca Brevifolia on the cover?
18. Who played the role of Inman in the 2003 movie Cold Mountain?
19. An accident-prone or unlucky sailor is referred to as a what?
20. Alvin Childress and Spencer Williams Jr. starred in which long-running black TV comedy show?
Amos and Andy
21. What is the name of the Alien family in 3rd Rock From The Sun?
22. Phil Collins was the drummer with which rock and roll band?
23. Who played the sinisterly camp MC in the Movie Cabaret?
24. In the Broadway musical “Cats” which old tomcat sings, “Cats are very much like you?”
25. Who was the wine-drinking bullfrog in the song, “Joy to the Worlds?”