Happy days, friends! It’s Sunday. We’re serving brunch from 9 am to 2 pm, and we’ve got the weekly Sunday Pub Quiz tonight at 8 pm. While there may be a theme, the questions are of a general knowledge nature (though arguably obscure at times given that a Welshman writes the quiz!).
For those looking for specialist quizzes, we hold them every Wednesday at 8 pm. Next week’s topic: the American Civil War.
Right! Back to Sunday: the pub quiz starts at 8 pm sharpish. And Sam Fiske will provide the jazz an hour before and 30 minutes after the quiz. It’s a little thing we call Sam’s Sandwich.
So bring your friends or make new ones! Get yourself a pint and enjoy quiz night.
Saint Patrick’s Day is fast approaching! We start our fun towards it this week. Here’s a look into the future:
Monday, March 10 – At 8:00 / 8:30 pm, we’ll get our Open Mic going with Harrison Matthews. Last week we had some fine Irish influence in song and recitations. Delivering your own this week too.
Tuesday, March 11 – Bedlam Tuesday! Let Irish and Scottish folk rule the evening. Music at 9 pm.
Wednesday, March 12 – Specialist Pub Quiz on the American Civil War. Quiz at 8 pm. Afterwards, we leave the pub open to the weekly folk jam. No mics, no amps. Just music in the pub as it’s done back in the Isles.
Thursday, March 13 – Various Irish activities in the evening will kick-off the long weekend of Irish celebrations leading up to St. Patrickâ€™s Day. Music from the Mosher/Ekstrand Experiment at 9 pm.
Friday, March 14 – Special St. Patrickâ€™s Day weekend Kilt Night! Kick start the St. Paddyâ€™s weekend festivities. Some people will raise a toast at 7:30 pm in memory of those lost. Itâ€™s the 9th Annual Bring Back the Snakes toast. Get yourself a pint and join â€˜em, if you wish.
Saturday and Sunday, March 15 & 16 – Irish brunch served up 9 am – 2 pm. Music on Saturday night from the Hot Club of East Lake. Sunday Pub Quiz on the 16th.
Monday, March 17 – ALL DAY! – Itâ€™s St. Patrickâ€™s Day! Weâ€™ve lots going on for the holiday proper.
* Celebrate with a special Monday brunch (8 am – 12:00 pm) with traditional Irish fare.
* At 11 am, weâ€™ll have a whisky toast with our â€œWhisky Wench,â€ Fiona.
* During the afternoon, Wild Bill Watkins, our publican John Dingley, and local Irish dance leader Eileen Dahill take over.
* At 4 pm, a mini ceili session will take place.
* From 5:00 – 6:30 pm, Misplaced will provide the sounds.
* From 6:45 – 7:45 pm, there will be an Open Mic Best Singer and Story Teller contest with PRIZES!
* From 8:00 pm – 10:00 pm (and possibly a later set), the all-girl Irish music sensation â€œGarrigans Quarrelâ€ will rule the roost. This includes from 9:00 pm to 10:00 pm the Giggin Sheilas.
As for food in the afternoon and evening, weâ€™ll serve up Irish Stew, Corned beef and Cabbage, Leak and Potato Stew, Irish Lamb, Bratwurst and more. Happy days, indeed! Join the hoolie, friends. You will not regret it!