Arrrrrrr!!! It’s International Talk Like a Pirate Day! And it’s my papa’s birthday. Hey: Happy Birthday, matey.
Tonight at the Rest we welcome the Druids Grove will hold their monthly gathering. If youâ€™ve an interest in the spiritual path of Druidry, by all means stop up and meet this group. All are welcomed.
About 8/8:30, we’ll put a Guinness or 12 in Billy Watkins and fire up The Old Mollyâ€™s Folk Jam. So come have a pie and a pint and enjoy the midweek. And if you’ve got pirate gear or a fine pirate accent: Bring it.
WHAT WE’RE READING
* The Birdchick’s fascinating story of powder-sugaring bees.
* From Dingley’s Brain: Peregrine Percy petrifies pigeons.
* Marmalade or Marmite? For Paddington Bear, it’s always been and will be marmalade.
* A Welsh tale of a man and his donkey. (Seriously. It’s a prize donkey that changed his life.)
* And living in New York without using toilet paper. Ever. By Choice. One family’s adventure. (I bet their kids won’t get high-fives for this press coverage.)