Ceili Dancing and an Open Mic night open the week at Merlins. The traditional Irish dancing will start about 7 pm and conclude sometime near 8/8:30 pm when the Open Mic takes over.
Poets, singers, musicians (including those aspiring to play at Merlins during the week), fiction/memoir writers,Â and others are invited to join in! Contribute your voice to the evening. You will be welcomed.
In the News
Â What’s going on in the Isles today?
* The endangered woodlark is making a comeback in the UK! And for you birdwatchers and ornithologists, please know we’re having an informal gathering at Merlins Rest on Tuesday at 6 pm: the Birds and the Beers. Join us!
* Rumors of the Attenborough’s extinction are apparently just that: rumors. New evidence indicates that the egg-laying mammal, named after British naturalist Sir David Attenborough, is still kicking.
* Former Atomic Kitten singer Kerry Katona and her husband were held captive briefly by three robbers. Katona was Celebrity Mum of the Year in 2002 (huh?) and writes for OK! Magazine.
* The milk debate is certain to continue now. Is it really of health value to us to drink the milk of another species? The latest study from Cardiff shows some connection between milk consumption and reduced rates of diabetes.
* Gah! As if the Scots needed it: Cage Fighting!!